Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 13/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 6tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 3tbsp dark-brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 11/4 cups peanut butter
- 1tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (melted)
- 2tbsp peanut butter (melted, for garnish)
- For the crust, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine wafer crumbs, butter, brown sugar, and salt.
- Press mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake until set, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Make the filling, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and salt with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Whisk 1/3 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, then gently fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon filling into cooled crust.
- Freeze, uncovered, for at least 4 hours.
- Place melted chocolate in a resealable plastic bag.
- Snip tip from one corner of bag to make a very small opening.
- Holding bag about 5 inches above pie, drizzle melted chocolate over top.
- Repeat with melted peanut butter.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.