- 800g milk
- 150g white short grain rice
- 130g sugar
- 200g cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 40g cornflour
- Seeds from 2 vanilla pods
- Strawberry, (chopped for garnishing)
- Vanilla sticks, (for garnishing)
- Cinnamon powder, (for garnishing)
- Mix milk, rice and half of the sugar in a saucepan and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together cream, egg yolks, cornflour, vanilla seeds and the remaining sugar.
- Whip fast, then transfer to the saucepan and mix until the pudding thickens (the temperature should be around 73 degree Centigrade).
- Pour the pudding into small ramekins chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Garnish and serve.